Thursday, July 31, 2008

Staring out the window at the world as life races past me
Glued to my seat on the bus
Its cushions and walls graffiti-ed with the pointless trappings of previous empty minds
My window so covered with grime
The view is all things
Clear is not one of them
The air in here is thick and stale
It is heavy with "settling" "wallowing" lives "unfulfilled and hallow"
Outside the sun shines bright and a breeze gently blows
It is all a tease because I cant enjoy the expereince
My Window barely opens a sliver
Down the street the bus roars
Stopping occasionally to collect more passengers
More restless souls
A destination in mind but only acutely aware of the journey
Collectively we have the power to help each other
But separate we remain
Almost numb
Ignorant of the experiences and knowledge that abounds in us all
In my seat I remain
Out my window I stare
Eyes following the scenery
Life races on
Without me

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"