Saturday, August 12, 2006

Thank God For the Internet...

Without it I think I would go crazy out here. These past couple days as I arrived back at school for the fall semester I thought about all the friends from previous years that have moved on that I wont get to see often anymore.

This is a shout out to my moved on Commrades out there...

K. Goff, Imma miss talkin to you about everything; politics, people, religion, family, everything. Laughing with you. Hanging out with you. I am super glad we became as good of friends as we did.

Jake. I know Boy is here and we will have fun this semester, but the trio is incomplete. Last Year was great especially after we were all 21. Spring Break. Weekend Bars. Karaoke. Where will I find someone that completely understands my sense of humor.

Wendi. I know we didnt hang out often, but its 4 years of respect between us and imma miss the flirtation and the occasional hug. I can still kick your ass at tennis.

Brad Tiff and Lindey. You were a great HD Friend and puppy buddy. You all accepted who I was and encouraged me at the same time. We became friends hung out told stories and still keep in touch.

I dont want to come off as overly emotional but somethings have happened today that made me realize how much I valued the experiences I had last year and the people I was fortunate enough to share them with. What will the future hold for us? How will we survive the distance that inevitably will come between us?

My hope is that in the little time I have left in my collegiate career I dont spend it comparin it to the times that are past. That I am given the strength to see these new relationships to what they could become and not against what I no longer have.

Earlier I mentioned there were activities that caused me to reach this state. Today in trainin we were asked to complete an exercise on fear. This got me to thinkin about what kind of things I feared, and that my feelings and thoughts with people I dont know well was a fear of mine. This inevitably led me to be unable to share this information with my staff. I dont know how I can get past this point to open up more, but I hope to grow from this. I also came to the conclusion that I use sarcasm as a barrier/shield to prevent me from being too open. I am sarcastic but sometimes its extreme.

I need a really big hug. Anyone out there?

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"