Friday, February 22, 2008

The Clarion Royal Rumble

Hampton, VA isnt exactly America's Crossraods, so when we booking my hotel for my two night stay in ths southern VA town, I was not surprised to find limited lodging options. No big deal as I am no hotel snob; if the sheets and bathroom are clean when I get there, I am good to go! Two nights and two days at the Clarion by Choice Hotels. Smooth sailing, and decent service until night two. These Marines mustve thought Jerry Springer was doin a late night taping in our building cause all kinds of drunken yell and shouting started RIGHT OUTSIDE MY DOOR at 130AM. My initial reaction was to go outside and then I remembered two things: This aint a door where I am an RA and I am still black in the south. So after spectating these idiots go at it for two minutes I called the front desk. I was apparently not the first to do so, cause I received apologies and promises that the problem would be solved promptly. 30 seconds later someone was up on the floor getting tweedle dee and tweedle drunk into their rooms and letting them know the cops were coming. I went back to sleep thinking, yes peace and quiet.
Of course I wouldnt be so lucky, 20 mins later they were at it again
"I DONT CARE WHAT SLUT YOU SLEEP WITH! FUCK YOU"
"If you dont care why are you yelling"
"Go to your room 'Becky'"
Thank God I was given some sense, and raised well.
230AM the cops finally showed up. Took statements, and threatened to arrest the parties involved. ALL IN FRONT OF MY DOOR! great viewing pleasure, except I wanted to sleep.
UGH.
Never again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Go to your room 'Becky'" LOL Hilar! Too bad, Clarion's are nice hotels and usual cheap, even in NY. That coulda happened anywhere, don't rule them out all together. Sorry you had trouble sleeping, so did I, LOL

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"