Sunday, February 3, 2008

Thank You For Last Night....

This is a generalized thank you to all those that were involved in the greatness that was last night...

Thanks for agreeing to go out....the wait for dinner was extended (25 mins), but the sushi (Sushi Taro) was great and affordable ($40 including beer and tip). The pre-dinner Thai beer, in the small Thai restaurant around the corner, while we waited was a great way to start off the festivities. The sushi was delicious after the genteel waitress explained to us how to order. 21 oz. of authentic Japanese beer to wash it down. The night was young and we were still "thirsty" so it was off to The Big Hunt. Convo covered the usual, family, work, politics, and sex but as usual it was lots of fun. 5 beers later and endless mocking of people, t'was time to go....Thanks for agreeing to go out.

Thanks for boosting my ego... I walked into the bar by myself waiting for a friend and I must've caught your eye. I went to the bar, ordered a beer (I am on 7 now if you're counting) and made my way to the wall to do some people watching. You, a little more than slightly, inebriated walked over amazingly composed and stated "you're cute". I was flattered. That wasn't all you said, but everything else didn't matter. You validated me and you didn't even know it. Your boyfriend came and you proceed to makeout with him. Good thing I wasn't looking. On to next beer as I waited for that phone call. My date arrived just in time for you to flatter me once again and me to finish my beer....Thank you for boosting my ego.

Thank you for paying that cover fee.... I was, more than slightly, inebriated and you wanted to go dancing but I dont pay to get into clubs; especially not ones charging $15! You said "don't worry" so I followed along. The place was full, you introduced me to one of the co-owners and a couple other people (working in the industry I guess you really do get to meet alot of people) but none of them mattered. We danced, we did our share of "looking like a couple" (you figure out what that could mean). I had an amazing time....Thank you for paying that cover fee.

Thank you for convincing me otherwise....ok I had gotten sweaty from dancing and prolly needed to shower before bed, but I didnt care. You laid out your position and there was no saying no ...Thank you for convincing me otherwise.

THANK YOU for last night!

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"