Monday, March 10, 2008

My Mother Has Become an Integral Part of My Facebook Experience...

...And I am not alone! Its an epidemic, escape while you still can!

The details of the experience...
My mom joined Facebook "because a co-worker did, and invited [her]".
She proceeded to 'friend' myself, my brother, and our cousin.
She then spread her 'friend-ness' to my good friend (whom she knows) and my brother's GF (currently his ex-gf).
The comments started appearing on our pics and walls
Then her own pics with us in them appeared
Most recently I was "sent a beer"!!
When this article was sent to her by my cousin the following response was received:
I read the article yesterday and that was not us b/c I did not do a friend request to Dominique. In fact it was a friend from work that asked me to join and I said ok…I look at the pics and just think how funny it is that there is so much on the profiles…but I did think it was kind of funny how the parents are asking their kids to “friend” them. This was more like Dante’ and I cause he said “well I will just block Mom from stuff on my site” which is fine with me b/c I am not there to get into your business. I‘ll just look at it every now and then and see what new pics are there especially since some of those pix have me in them!

But the article is funny and coincidental!!!

Lies I tell you!!!!
I will attempt to save her from the "cool parent" road she is inadvertently wandering down, but it might be too late...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I think it is cute! BUT, only cuz it isn't my mom.

Scooby said...

That's funny...its like my momma getting a blog or something...

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

made your mom has a facebook before me

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"