Sunday, December 9, 2007

Another one bites the dust...

Almost a full year has passed since I graduated from college and moved into the world of working. At the time it was very exciting and terrifying all the same. The key was to find a job that was related to the experience and knowledge that I had gained and be useful. Coworkers would be great, as would paid bills, but the focus was becoming a positive contributor to the workforce and the US GNP.

I started my first "real" job in April after spending a little time relaxing, and a couple months temping. DSA Inc. A information technologies company that contracted for the federal government. My duties as a "travel coordinator" would be to facilitate the extradition of illegal, and mostly dangerous, aliens. The job seemed interesting, the hours were flex, the work simple, and the people okay. This was going to be a great experience.

Time passed and the bitter taste in the mouths of most of the employees about increased responsibilities but not increased compensation would wear. The "happy-go-lucky" person that many of you knew and loved would disappear for stints, in his place was a very embittered cynical asshole. Through it all I did my job, cause thats how I was raised. And if I may say so, I did a damn good job. Diligence and hardwork is rewarded and it is with that belief I carried on each day.

My exit came up quicker than I had originally anticipated, but it is accepted all the same. I will be escaping the confines of contract hell and moving to the green pastures of fed. gov. Since I have known my entire demeanor at work changed. I wish I could start an underground railroad of my own and get the others out, but I will tread lightly till I know what the deal is.

News did break that I will be working part time, so I might be getting less sleep in the coming months but at least those bills will keep getting paid. A couple nights of celebrating were appreciated. Thursday night's Holiday Party with the cous, and last night I drank for 12 hours and didn't throw up or end up spooning a shower curtain. Last night's discoveries:I am uncomfortable being a token in a bar full of drunk people ( No Lucky Bar for me) There is someone that walks faster than meI can moderate myself and have a great time in the process.

The night didn't end on the note I had hoped but "you win some, you lose some" but you keep fight cause dying is not an option.

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"