Wednesday, December 12, 2007

So this is how they spend tax dollars...

This week I started a new job with the General Services Administration, Office of the Inspector General as a Management Analyst and now I know why the govt takes so much damn money out of my check every pay period. I have an all expense paid trip for a a week of orientation and training in Annapolis at the Marriott with a room to myself. I know its not exatly a $600 toilet seat but I got some number flyin through my head. Now imagine that on a state and federal government wide level.

Yeash.

The job is promising and that is exciting. I feel bad leaving my co-workers in the hell hole I escaped from, but we cant all be Harriett Tubman. I am doin my best impression though by staying on with the company part time so I dont make their jobs any worst than they already are. My hope is that it doesnt become overwhelming and that I can pay off some bills in the process: High interest credit cards first, and then moving on to the student loans....Thanks for the deliverance.

::UPDATE:::The pics of the room are below. The room was great. Wouldnt you know that the weather would get nice the day we leave. Cruel, cruel world!



No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"