Wednesday, December 5, 2007

An Ode to My Friends

With my newly reduced workload in the waning days of my job, I had time to be inspired to express to my good friends out there how I feel about our relationship. Yall know who you are, and though I didn't say it during our "Day of Thanks", please know that I am thankful everyday for your presence in my life....

Yesterday you just wanted to talk with me
But I was “busy” and you know how my life can be
So then you said “just hit me up later on”
“Nothing really important, we can catch up when you’re done”

So now you got me wondering if something was goin on
And I become consumed with how bad of a friend I can be
But then again you titan’t really sound bad/mad/sad
Could’fe been bored and just needed some time pass

Though my whole world won’t stop for you
Cause you’re my friend I'll do all that I can do
And I appreciate how you respect my ways
But every now and then I’ll need you to put me in my place

If there’s anything that you want, you need
Don’t be afraid to ask cause you’re my friend
I will always have your back through times thick and thin
I am glad to have you as a friend

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"