Monday, June 25, 2007

Why can "too much"....

...seem to be "not enough"? The dog days of summer are here and that means gathering some summer sun to add some new character to the high yellow skin I was born with. My skin is most often kissed by the sun through the outdoor activities of which I partake as often as possible, however I am not above admitting I occasionally will sit out with that sole intent in mind.

For an uneventful weekend, my days seemed rather filled. There's nothin like sitting at home doing nothing with your roommate gone to make a blasé weekend seem great. Friday was an absolutely splendiferous evening and I was able to get in some great tennis drill work. As the evening waned I found myself wanting a cold beer to enjoy while I did some people watching. Neither happened and I found my Friday ending as so many have in recent months, me regretting registering for a marathon.

Despite my best efforts to be slothful on a Saturday morning, mother nature had other plans. So I arose at 8am after an hour of restlessness, delaying what I knew to be inevitable. "Since I can't sleep, might as well run." Damn my boundless energy! I am no fool however, a week of not running I knew I wasn't going to get out and run the 14 miles on my training schedule, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't at least attempt to push myself physically. 5.03miles and 40mins later I called it quits. Stretching and some crunches ensued of course, gotta cool down correctly.

The rest of Saturday followed quite lazily, some of the aforementioned sitting out to catch some rays and catch up on some Tennis Magazine reading that I am behind on. The tennis match that I had scheduled got canceled due to an emergency, but I didn't find that out till I got there and came home. It worked for the best anyway cause Banneker was the location of the Caribbean Fest so we couldn't have played anyway. Headed up to Tacoma Park to rid myself of the unreleased tennis angst that had built within my body as a result of my canceled match. Hit on the wall for awhile till someone came along that I could hit with. Love Takoma Park for that reason. There is ALWAYS someone lookin to hit. Since I was up that way I had to of course visit the family and absorb whatever food wasn't nailed down. Tried to stay until my brother got home from work to see work of Ms. Hoover, but he takes too dag on long and I wanted to watch a movie before the night was over. Watched "Little Children" good movie, but definitely deserving of its "R" rating.

Sunday involved another early rise, I guess i'll sleep in late when I die, and off I was to get more drill work in at Turkey Thicket. This was great work, 2 hours worth and I wanted more. Once again since I was uptown I scurried over to my parents house with fam time and food on the mind. Hot homemade breakfast, yum yum yum! The afternoon at the apartment was filled with "Heroes". I missed the last 5 episodes of the season so I had some catching up to do. Not a great ending to the first season, but acceptable I guess; I will tune in next season to see how things turn out. The Princess insync with a headache. Coincidence? Who knows. Another movie tonight and WIMBLEDON in the morning. But more on that later, this has been more than enough info to absorb in one sitting. Adios y Buenos Dias mi amigos.

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"