Friday, November 23, 2007

As I Am...





This will be an evolving posts as I profess my love for the album and Alicia Keys as an artist over the remainder of the day. The video above is for the latest single and I know why DD likes the song; the music and the lyrics are on point and in a time of over produced and edited sounds the rawness I realieving. No her voice isn't perfect, but if MJB can make a ton of albums screaming her heart away, so can Ms. Keys. The video is a visual treat, especially since Ms. Keys is in it.

For now I think I will spend the rest of today at work watching this on some type of loop. Look for the updates tonight if you peep this early in the day.

UPDATE:

I know this is later than I had originally planned but I have finally found the time to continue gushing about the newest auditory pleasure. As I Am. The album is mostly a great listen. As I stated above, I know that the vocals are stretched in places, but that is what makes it beautiful; she is not screaming or hollaring, she is belting from deep within the emotions that she has. As is the American way I have tried my best to rank the songs in order of my preference
Where Do We Go From Here
I Need You
Lesson Learned
Wreckless Love
Like You'll Never See Me Again
No One
The Thing About Love
Go Ahead
Superwoman
Sure Looks Good To Me
Prelude to a Kiss
Teenage Love Affair
Tell You Something (Nana's Reprise)
...The first five are really a toss up on any given day depending on my mood. Props to you Ms. Keys, you have a fan in me, even if you arent single and writing on the floor half naked simulating sex for my visual pleasure. This album makes me so happy to listen to I cant even formulate supporting evidence for my statement; I dont care what other people think of it or me for liking it. I am not stopping my auditory love affair for anyone! (I will refrain from typing the lyrics to the track from the album that would so aptly fit right here)

who am I kidding

People keep talking, they can say what they like...
No one can get in the way of what I am feeling...
No one can get in the way of what I feel for you....

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"