Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Reality Check

I know I have spent alot of time over the past several months talking about how hard life is for me right now. The finances are not the best and I am not completely satisfied with my job or "love" life and recently I have gotten so negative, cynical, and possibly even bitter, that I have even started to annoy myself as of late. Thank God for good friends and family being around to help keep me mentally grounded cause without them I know I would go way to far off the deep end.

But back to what the post is really about. I really need to wake the fuck up what my life is really like. I have a great life and right now I can count the things wrong only cause they number so few when compared to the things going right. Life is looking up and its hard to figure out where to start.......

The second job is working out great. Its not as good as having your own, pet, but it does pay really well and is extremely flexible. I have money to buy/ do things that I want and I am not overly burdened with bills....
I turned in my paperwork for my passport today and am able to afford it thanks to a refund check larger than I had originally planned from taxes while at school. If things go well I should have it before I leave for Christmas vacation with the family. But I wont hold my breath and just be happy if I have it by the first of the year....
I completed one goal and am working hard at reaching another. Run a marathon, Check. Improve Spanish, double check. See the World, You better believe it. I am roadtrippin to Canada in Spring with a bud, anymore takers?...
a new job IS on the horizon. All the paperwork is in and there is little standing in my way now. If I am good enough for an interim DOD clearance, I have faith in my ability to obtain this one as well....
new Tattoos. A birthday gift to myself. Now I just have to decide which one it is going to be and where. Input is welcome but as my father loves to say these days "[I] am going to do what [I] want to do anyway". And dont worry, its not gonna be on my forehead, neck or wrist. This is exciting since I have wanted another one for three years now.....
there is so much more to look forward to and I am gonna work on me. I think the next 6 months are going to be really good.

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"