Thursday, March 22, 2007

I hate my car

because I get in so much trouble with it. Not even 2 hours into my day and already my dumbass has done something I will regret. Once again I got behind the wheel of my car and wasnt paying attention and as all you drivers out there can attest to this is a deadly combination. I was in an accident. Thats right people, count them we are at 2 self damage, 2 fender benders, and 1 junker. Three while in parking lots or parked car situations and four in the last 12 months. Laugh all you want. They were all done due to careless rushing the latest to my grandmothers car.

Today I was backing up so I could turn around to go my normal way to work and wasnt paying attention. As a result I went up under her car (she has a SUV). As a result I broke the clear plate cover she had and put some nice scratches on her car, but I dont think there were any dents. I cleaned and fled the crime scene too fast to actually know for sure. After surveying the area to make sure none of her neighbors had witnessed the incident and could report it to her before I did. My car has a nice volleyball size dent on the rear hatch and some serious scratching. UUUUGGGGHHH.

Now I know this is wrong but there were several positives I could take from this. I was blessed it was a family members car cause that allows me to correct the situation without the need for insurance and increased costs. I was happy (not really blessed) that my grandparents werent home at the time. This gives me all day to figure out my approach on telling them of my boo-boo, and do some research on how to correct the problem. Unless they discover it on their own, which is a possibility, but I am hoping they wont. I am also fortunate that I was going 5 mph or less as I hadn't pressed the gas had merely taken my foot off the break it could have been so much worst though, the slow speed is why I wasnt paying much attention in the first place. Oooooh the obscenities I shouted when I realized what happened.

So far I have found out that if things are only as bad as I think they are, It should only take about $20 and some elbow grease to erase the damage I have created to both of our cars. Most importantly hers. A little car polish and car wax, some fine grit sand paper, a damp sponge, dry towel and a lot of effort. Please pray for me that this combination of ingredients works in my favor.

I swear one of these days I am going to realize that you have to be aware 100% of the time when you're driving so I can stop getting in these stupid accidents. I know some of yall are gonna sound off on me or fear riding with em in the future with the new knowledge, and I understand. I would be scared to ride with me sometimes, if I wasnt driving.

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"