Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thank God the good does not always come with the bad

Today I got some of the best news I have had in a long time. After waiting all weekend to hear, the owner of the apt we viewed last week called to inform me that she wanted to extend an offer to us. This was on top of the already good news I had received from my permanent position that they wanted me to start working on Monday. I would have my own place and I would be able to afford it. Here I am on a high of my own manufacturing, E aint got nothin on me when I am in a good mood.

Shortly after this phone call however I sank down to the low I should have known was coming. Relaying this good information to my cousin was going to be depressing cause I knew she was not very interested in the place. Though I do not agree with her reasons I at least respect her opinion and want her to feel comfortable in her life. It is number 2 on Maslow's Hieracrhy of Needs. So now I sit waiting for the call to tell me she doesnt want the place and then having to make a call of my own and tell the one lady who was willing to give us a chance that we are not interested in taking it. What I have to believe is that this is what the Lord wants from me.

If as I suspect my cous does call and tell me that she is not interested in the place, I have formulated a new plan of action. Though I dont think I will be the happiest I can at home I will suck it up and deal with it. Second part will be to put as much of my earnings as possiblt to paying off my student loans. My parents want me to save, but personally I think debt elimination is far more practical than saving. Having nothin and owing nothing is far better than having something and owing a lot. I will be no one's slave! This part of the plan calls for spending as much as half of my earning on debt repayment.

I figure the longer it takes us to look for apts and the more time I spend at home the greater desire I will have to flee this city once more. I love my family to death, but its something about living at home that just makes me want to pack up and leave. Come December, if I am still living at home dont be surprised to hear I have picked up and moved to Seattle, Austin, San Diego, Houston, or even Miami. I will miss DC but the seperation will be exhilirating.

Three more days on the temp job, hopefully some tennis this week and weekend. And onwards and upwards from there. God grant me strength, wisdom and peace. Buenos Noche Mi Gente!

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"