Monday, October 22, 2007

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN...

Much like the cheesy song from the 80's and rehashed for one of those karaoke competition shows, my final countdown has begun. Less than a week from now I will embark upon a journey that will hopefully end in my succeding in fufilling a monumental goal of mine. Sunday, October 28, 2007 at 8am sharp is the start of the Marines Corps Marathon and the culmination of months of training, whining, flat out indifference. By 12pm on that fall, (at least thats what I hope the weather will be like) day I will know how prepared I truly was.

As a result this week will be a mixed bag of emotions; there will be excitement and anxiety, fear and loathing, anticipation and despair. Come Sunday night, aside from the pain in my legs and various other parts of my body, I am sure that mentally I will feel nothing but pride. Any regrets that I might have had in registering for this mental and physical torture, will be vanquished in under 4 hours (hopefully).

Monday is my last day of self-indulgence prior to the race and then the cleansing and preparation begins. Look out for the email with info on how you can come out and support me.

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"