Monday, October 29, 2007

The Healing has begun...

Its been a little over 24 hours since I completed my first marathon and my body feels like it. Were it not for my continuous conciousness and self awareness I would think I was a person 50 years my senior. My joints and muscles hurt and I move at a pace much slower than what I am accustomed. I am so happy to have taken this day of rest, and the massage was great too; all thats left now is a hot bath.Additional revelations of the past 24 hours:

  • I am more competitive than I previously thought and am largely unsatisfied with my time results of yesterdays marathon. Look for the training to start again soon and a better time next year. Once I beat Oprah, maybe then I can stop.
  • Life is WAY MORE COMPLICATED than most people want it to be. The mere act of simplifying can be made to be complicated.

Tomorrow it is back to work, and Wednesday is Halloween. Still not sure what the costume is gonna be, but I will be celebrating. Peace all

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"