Sunday, October 28, 2007

What a Great Experience....

Until Mile 16. The event that I have been dreading for most of the last month happened today; The 32nd Annual Marines Corps Marathon. There were alot of things going my way, and some mistakes that I made in my preparations.

The positives: Thank you so much to everyone that came out and supported me, and for those who couldn't be here but sent messages anyway I appreciate. What a beautiful day to have to run 26.2 Miles; it could have been a little less windy, but the sun was bright and the sky was blue I shall not ask for more. I finished through sheer willpower and the grace of God; Despite the aches and pains he saw me through and that was the ultimate goal.

The Negatives: I should of stuck with the training cause my body was truly unprepared for this occasion; stopping at sixteen miles does not infact prepare you to run a marathon, neither does missing 13 days of training within 30 days of the grand event. Prior to today I didnt think it was possible, but now I know it is; EVERY SINGLE MUSCLE IN YOUR BODY CAN HATE YOU SIMULTANEOUSLY! Probably shouldnt have played three intense sets of tennis the day before, my shoulders made me pay for that one. Should have gotten better energy bars, cause cotton mouth is not conducive to great performance. Getting a good night's rest is important; having nightmares about soul stealing gremlin light creatures and being cold do not help in this regard.

In the end I am so excited I was able to complete the marathon, it is an experience I wouldnt take back; I can say that through all the aches and pains that I am experiencing right now. Its onto the next goal now: Espana 2010! Watch and encourage me as I eat everything in sight and pack on the pounds this winter. Adios Los Monos!

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"