Friday, January 25, 2008

Aussie Open: Day 12 Recap

THE MIGHTY FED IS DOWN AND OUT!!!!

The Djoker emerged victorious in straights sets over the Fed in the second men's semifinal and boy am I glad that I forced myself to wake up at 4am to watch this one. The tennis was beautiful. Djokovic played aggressive tennis from the baseline rarely relenting his position on the court while Federer looked mortal and flat many times.

This sets up a potentially amazing match for Sunday morning at 330am. I will wake up again. Novak Djokovic, aka The Djoker versus Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, aka - French Ali . Being the higher seed and more experienced player (he made it to the 07 US OPEN Final where he lost to Federer) Djokovic will be the favorite to win the match, but the way Tsonga has been lighting up higher ranked players this tournament, almost all bets are off. I am torn between, who I would like to see win as I like both players, they have great game and great personalities, but I hope the match play is good and one for the books. Either way we will have a first time slam winner, and the possible emergence of a new force in tennis. (as a side note, there is a possibility that we will have two Serbian Grand Slam Champions should his compatriot, Ana Ivanovic, win the women's final to be played tonight locally) This is GREAT for tennis and its fans!

NOVAK
"The Djoker"
Djokovic
VS.
Jo-Wilfried
"French Ali"
Tsonga

Sunday, January 27, 2008 @ 330AM on ESPN2

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"