Friday, January 4, 2008

Blog Merger Creates Synergys

To understand everything that is taking place in my head you might have to go around in circles before arriving at a final destination.

Today after much frustration I have decided to streamline the dissemination, of my thoughts, to the masses. Up till this point I was completing and monitoring two different blogs. Why do I have two blogs you ask? Well that is a long story in and of itself that made me think about something I learned in college....

I can clearly remember sitting in my Marketing 340 class being distracted by Jorge and what other "shiny objects" crossed my path, when we discussed diffusion. The topic was interesting so I decided to pay attention to what was taking place. After 10 minutes discussing the various stages, I came to a self-realization; as a consumer and in life I was a member of the 'early majority'. Nothing life-altering or earth shattering, but at least there was a name for people like me. I hated thinking of myself as a 'follower' of anyone else, but who was I kidding; I lead alot subtler than most, and was damn fine with that.

....anyway getting back on track to the story of two blogs. I started my primary blog because my best friend Monkey had one herself and suggested it as a good means to self-medicate while far away from my family; that was a little over 2 years ago. It rarely served its purpose till a few months later when life threw some curveballs at me and I needed some place to talk about it and save for future reflection. I never loved the site but it served its purpose and quite a few friends had it so it was easy to keep up with the goings on.
This blog was started for similar reasons. After graduation I moved back to DC and made some new friends that I could play tennis and hang out with on a regular basis. C.Heights, one of the newly acquired friends, had alot on his mind and was frustrated with aspects of his life so I passed my friend Monkey's advice on to him, "blog about it". He chose this site because of its affiliation with all that is Google and I created an account to keep up. While I was at it I couldn't resist the temptation to have another blog. And that is how one blog grew to two.

Thanks to my frustrations with my other blog I have decided to cut ties with it for now and attempt to merge the two. I will try to connect the two but I dont know how seamless the integration will be. The synergy created by the merger will benifit all parties involved.

Feel free to look at the posts below and see the evolution that took place. I will decide how best to integrate the odl stuff from the other blog. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

 
"The Man Who Knows Something, Knows He Knows Nothing at All"